Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The One with the F.R.I.E.N.D.S



I am totally hooked to watching ‘Friends’. I don’t even remember when I started watching it. When I peep into the flashback, I remember watching it ones or twice in my schooldays.. but I didn’t really like it that much ( Actually, I couldn’t understand American English accent that time :P).. I got introduced to this sitcom again in college days and I knew that this friendship gonna last till long..

Even before facebook started with “which friends character are you?” quiz, we have been categorizing all our friends into them. So we have got many Rosses, Rachels ,Phoebes and even Gunthers :P!!!!!! While I can see myself closer to Monica( though I don’t like her the most), Punit is more of Ms.Chanedilier bong :D ( true 'Friends' Lovers will get this ;))....no doubt our most favourite character is none other than ‘Joey’!!!

Punit and I, are huge fans of it. We have all the seasons on the laptop and we watch 3 -4 back to back episodes late night on weekends. When I came to Mumbai leaving all friends and my people behind, I felt a bit lonely in this crowded city. But when I watched FRIENDS, that feeling used to fade away.. Life moved on, and I got some fantastic friends over here and still making more!!! But this one is for this unknown bond between me and those imaginary characters who made me laugh in the loneliest times. The One With The F.R.I.E.N.D.S!!!!!!!!

PS: I had written this in original FRIENDS font, but I dont know how to publish it in the same. Please help if you know!!!!

6 comments:

Jui said...

very well written. I think everyone has some kind of bond with F.R.I.E.N.D.S. :)

It was nice reading this blog rite now.

Ankit Agarwal said...

"der aaye durust aaye" waalia kahawat suits me perfectly...it was not until i came to US this time that i started watching FRIENDS....and boy...am i in love with it!!! 21 minutes of non-stop laughter...truly AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dhanashree said...

@jui-thanks dear..it was nice to write this blog at this time :)!!

@GD-hehe..you said it!!

Vivek said...

Bharat is Ross
Dhammo is Rachel
Shobhit is Phoebe
Puneet is Chandler
GD is Joey
Dhanu is Monica
Malabika is Monica again
Aditi (Dhammo or puneet pls map as i do not know her well enough...)

Nothing to do we above but i love chandler the most in friends...

Vipin Kumar said...

The pic you posted, used to be my wallpaper for 2 years in IIT. I fell in love with this series in 2nd year and never came out.

workhard said...

FRIENDS is one of my favorite shows...

Work from home India