Friday, June 19, 2015

Once upon a June...

###Background Music -: Kabira and Pehla Nasha###

Day of 4th std scholarship results..I could not believe my eyes!!My innocent mind was hurt..38/100 marks in maths..How is that possible??after 94 and 86 in other 2 subject.. Did I make sure to check my answers?of course yes!! each and every one!!! then what did go wrong???complete numbness.. I rushed home and pulled out all my test papers.. Even in the toughest tests, I had scored at least 50.. and maths was (still is) my favourite subject.. I felt disheartened..I felt cheated.. I lil heart was racing!! Aai-my mom could see it all..she felt all the emotional turmoil I was going through.. She was trying to calm me down with her soothing words and encouragement.. I didn't cry a bit..I couldn't.. and then, I decided..I will get my revenge..I will achieve the best results in 7th std scholarship!!!  बघतेच कसे मार्क्स कमी करतात ते !!!!! It was the biggest promise I had ever made in my entire life..of 10 year :P!! A promise made to myself!

3 years of itch and despair kept fuelling my desire to excel in my efforts..Aai was constantly reminded with my aim and supported me all the way thorough..I was ready to take on this challenge.. I was blessed to have wonderful Waikar ma'am teach me the tackle these exams.. Brilliant and inspirational.. She has all the qualities a great teacher should have!! Exam was held in the month of Feb.. It was a fun day and I felt confident throughout!! and then the wait for the result begun...

It was my mama's wedding in June.. The entire summer holidays of super fun with cousins was concluded with the bash at the wedding.. Like every year, the school reopened in second week of June..I would travel in city bus from my aaji's place to school as we were still at her place for post wedding help. As the monsoon had arrived on time, it was raining constantly.. smell of wet soil and cooler air had filled in.. I would enjoy rain everyday from the bus..

"Chala Vishrambaug ala, utara!!" conductor announced.. I got down with brand new bag, heavy with new books and notebooks..Lunch bag in one hand and the umbrella in other..tired after a long school day..I walked towards house making my way though potholes and mud.. As I turned around the corner, I saw-Aai waving at me.. I walked slowly wondering why she is in soo much of hurry..

As soon as I reached the gate, she came out running..beaming with a broad smile.. "Shabbas Dhane..you did it.. you got the rank in scholarship".. and hugged me tight.." what??..really.. are you sure?..wait, who did tell you??..when???" My heart was racing as I bombarded her all the questions.."Lets go inside, baba is waiting for you on phone"!! I picked up the phone....super excited..still lil shaken..I couldn't talk much in the chaos ..everybody was happy and excited.. aaji, ajoba, mama-mami, mavshi.. Baba congratulated me and told that he had sure news of my result... Whoa!!! And then came my bested best buddy..my sister Priyanka who also secured rank in the same exam.. Double dhamaka...We were on cloud nine..First thing we did was to buy lots of pedhas and visit Ganapati temple..Then we went to give them to all family members.."Congrats Dhani and Mani, what do you feel like doing now?" asked someone. We two looked and smiled at eachother..with twinkle in our eyes.. We knew exactly what we wanted to do... We ran upstairs.. on the terrace, 5 floors above.. I could see sun shining through the gaps in the clouds ..Every side of Sangli looked green with grey cloudy border..Sky filled with golden shine..and we shouted our hearts out.. literally jumped with joy.. we danced in the rain!! overjoyed!!!

I had kept my promise.. I could feel my confidence boosted.. It gave me power to dream big..aim high!! I am just another girl in the sea of people in this world..not any great person..But this achievement made me believe in myself.. Explore true potential.. Success is no way easy or free.. One has to fight for it..I am glad that I did.. and I will keep doing it..Life also is defined by exams like school.. Sometime you may fail..But keep pushing yourself to limits..Turn the desperation into eagerness.. Anger into motivation .. Fight back.. Gather courage to take risks.. Learn from mistakes.. and never give up!!

Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..
Nazar mein khwaabon ki bijliyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..
(Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara)

No comments: